Friday, May 20, 2016

Scare-A-Con Invades the New England Area



Lately I’ve been trying new things on this site. Another thing that I want to try on this site is writing some articles. Some of it will do with my personal or film related thoughts on things relating to horror, sci-fi, and exploration genres. Others like this one will be about event that yours truly is attending. With that said, I want to start this by talking about an upcoming trip that I’m about to take in two week, It has to do with a horror convention that I will be attending.

When I first heard Scare A Con was running in the New England area this summer, I was very happy because I wanted to go a horror convention so bad this year. Also, their past lineups in NY have been good enough to be interested in this.I’ve been to Comic Cons, a couple of Rocky Cons, but I’ve only been to horror convention once. That happened in 2014 when Terror Con ran in my home state of Rhode Island. I was hoping to go there this year but it’s not happening for the second year in a row. That’s when I got the idea to make the trip to Springfield, MA for Scare-A-Con: New England.

The event will be taking place from June 3rd to June 5th at the Mass Mutual Center. This will be the first time that they will be running a convention outside New York where they're based out of. The lineup is very good for the most part. Guest scheduled to be there include Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters, The Crow), Adrianne Barbeau (Escape from New York, Creepshow), Margot Kidder (Black Christmas, The Amityville Horror), Derek Meres (Friday the 13th, Predators), P.J. Soles (Halloween, Carrie), Felissa Rose (Sleepaway Camp), Jordan Ladd (Grindhouse, Cabin Fever), Film critic and Monstervision host Joe Bob Briggs and the mads from Mystery Science Theater 3000 Trace Beaulieu and Frank Conniff.

The convention will also have two 35th anniversary reunions and screenings for “Frankenhooker” and “Night of the Creep”. Guests for “Night of the Creep” includes Tom Akins (Halloween III, Escape from New York), Jason Lively (National Lampoon’s European Vacation), Jill Whitlow (Porky’s, Weird Science) and Steve Marshall. Guests for “Frankenhooker” include Patty Mullen and James Lorinz.

Besides that, the convention will also have screenings of classic horror films such as “The Devil’s Reject” “Creepshow” and “Halloween” (1978) along with the New England premieres of SRS Cinema's latest films “She Kills”, “Empire State of the Dead” and “Night of Something Strange”. There will also be Q&A Panels, Vendors, Parties and more.

This lineup has me excited for this convention. Scare-A-Con: New England takes place June 3-5th at the Mass Mutual Center in Springfield, MA. For more information on “Scare-A-Con: New England”, you can goto: http://www.scareacon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment