Friday, December 23, 2016

Five Independent Horror Films to Look Forward to in 2017

While 2016 is coming to an end, it’s not too early to start looking forward to 2017. Some of the great horror lately have been coming out of the independent scenes. This year alone have had some great films released like “The Love Witch”, “Nina Forever” and “Harvest Lake” to name a few. It’s be There are also a lot of upcoming independent horror films that I’m looking forward to in 2017 including “Red Eye”, “Mania”, “B.C Butcher” and “Bed of the Dead” to name few but these are the five films that I’m looking forward to the most and hopefully gets released in 2017.


Celluloid Wizard in the Video Wasteland: The Saga of Empire Pictures

I know its a documentary but it fits in to the horror theme. When I first heard about this project through IndieGoGo, I knew that I had to back this project because I’m a big Charles Band fan and the fact that I liked some of the films from Empire Picture like Re-Animator, Trancers and Dolls. This documentary is about the rise and fall of Empire Picture. From this trailer, this looks like it’s going to be a great film for fans of Empire Pictures. Can’t wait to see this when it’s finally released.

Celluloid Wizard in the Video Wasteland: The Saga of Empire Pictures: Teaser Trailer




Return to Return to Nuke’ Em High

It’s been two years since vol.1 came out on Blu-Ray. It’s a film that I liked a lot as it was fun and of course I’m a big fan of Lloyd Kaufman’s films. Yours truly has been waiting the conclusion of this two part film since watching the first one. I figured the film would be released this year but it took a while with more footage being shot and post production taking a while. Thankfully, it’s in the home stretch and I’m hoping it has on blu-ray release sometime in 2017.

Return to Return to Nuke’ Em High: Teaser Trailer





Truth or Dare

This is a film that I first heard through IndieGoGo a couple of years ago. I’ve been looking forward to for a while as it’s having trouble finding distribution. The film marks the directorial debut for actress Jessica Cameron who has appeared in such horror films “Silent Night”, “All Through the House” and the upcoming “Red Eye”. The trailer looks killer and can’t wait to see this whenever it gets release. I’m hoping 2017 is the year that this film finally gets release here in the U.S.

"Truth or Dare": Official Trailer

 

Death House

This upcoming film is being dubbed as horror’s version of the expendables written by the late Gunner Hanson. I was sold on this film when I first saw the behind the scenes documentary from The Dorkning. This film has a cast that includes Kane Hodder, Tony Todd, Sid Haig, Dee Wallace, Barbra Crampton, Debbie Rochon, Sean Whalen, Felissa Rose, Tony Moran, Bill Mosley, Cortney Palm to name a few. This is definitely one that I’m going to check out. To see a sneak behind the scenes peak, you can check it out for yourself.

"Death House": Official Trailer




We Are the Flesh

This one I’m very interested in as this will be the Arrow Films releases here in the U.S. The film played at this year’s Fantasia International Film Festival this year. I’ve heard nothing but great things about this film and the trailer to this film is mind blowing. This has the potential to be great. I have a feeling this will be one of those films that I’ll be taking about at the end of 2017.

"We Are The Flesh": Official Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment