Friday, June 1, 2018

Scare A Con New England 2018 Preview: What Scare-A-Con: New England Means to Me


First off before I begin, sorry for no Scare-A-Con post yesterday, as I’ve pretty busy with other things and I’ve been tired which has prevented me from posting this week. But enough with that as I’m here to write what has the convention meant to me as this is going to be more of a personal article than opinionated even though there is some opinions here.

We’re two weeks away from the upcoming Scare-A-Con New England convention in Framingham, MA. Personally, I cannot wait for this convention as this I want to get the bad taste of Monster Mania 39 out of my mouth as that was one of the worst experiences ever. Enough with that, I’m telling you why I hold Scare-A-Con dear to my heart and why I’m promoting here.

It’s one of those conventions where the guests have a welcoming and nice attitude. I’ve been to conventions where guests act rude, don’t look like they want to be there or leave a day early when they were supposed to there for the entire convention. The two previous Scare-A-Con’s has brought out some of the nicest guests that you’ll ever meet and hang out. Some of the nicest people that I came across at that convention include Sean Whalen, Felissa Rose, Jordan Ladd, Tony Todd, Genoveva Rossi, Russel Streiner and Linnea Quigley to name a few. That is make feel welcome like it has for me. You also don’t hear negative stories or gossip like some guest took a two hour lunch break or guests taking a lunch break in the middle of a photo op that screws up all the photo ops times. You don’t that at Scare-A Con as the guests want to be there and have a fun time with you. It makes the experience more fun and leaves you feeling happy that you want to come back next year.

Also, I’ve made a lot of friends from this convention than any other area convention that I go regularly. Usually when I’m at a Rock and Shock or RI Comic Con, it’s hard to make connections as it’s either busy with the huge convention space and has a gap between the lack of activity and the party or lack of a social gathering event. Scare-A-Con has none of those problems as they always have something going on even when the convention hall closes. Whether it’s a screening, Rocky Horror shadowcast or parties. The fun never stops on the Saturday portion. I’ve made friends over the last two cons whether it’s from the podcasts Dark Discussions and The Dorkening or meeting congoers. It’s the only convention in the New England area in my opinion where you can have a fun weekend getaway and make some new friends in the process.

It’s conventions like Scare-A-Con: New England that makes me proud in my geekdom. It’s always been fun and one of the events that I look forward to. This is one of those conventions where I recommend supporting as they take the time to put out a fan friendly lineup that you’ll a good time. I can’t wait to be in Framingham, MA in two weeks for its third year at the Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment