Sunday, June 24, 2018

The Funko Pop Horror Show: Horror Properties I Would Like to Happen or See Expanded

Funko Pops has become an obsession of mine ever since I was turned on by a friend at Rhode Island Comic Con a couple of years ago. Since then, I go out of my way to collect them as I’ve have a bunch of them and I will even go out of my way to pay a little more for an out of print one. Just see this last weekend, when I picked up a Max with Michael Myers costume “Stanger Things” Funko at Scare-A-Con New England for $25. That’s how much I love Funkos.

It’s also got me thinking about what new lines or improvement to existing line that I would like see personally as I feel like they either deserve a funko pop release or adding to the existing line needs be to expanded. Here’s Four horror lines that funko should consider or expand.

Bringing Toxie to Funko

I’m a huge Troma fan and was thinking what great horror characters that deserve the funko treatment. Toxie was on the top of my list. The character is one that I always think about when I think about which horror characters would make a great funko pop. He’s an 80’s horror icon who was different from all his counterparts as he was hero who killed people with his super strength. Sure, he didn’t have the notoriety of a Freddy Kruger, Jason or Michael Myers but when you think 80’s and early 90’s B-movies, he’s the most popular out of the era and even had a kids show called “Toxic Crusaders” during that time. He definitely one those funko pops that I would pre-order immediately.

Expanding the Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Streets Pop lines

Before you say, why no Friday the 13th series in this, there a legal mess going with the franchise which may be while before you get anything related from the Friday the 13th series. I want an Uber Jason funko pop from Jason X so bad lol.

Why should there be more Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street pops? There are more characters in the series that deserve their own funko pop. It’s great to have Freddy Kruger and Michael Myers in funko pop form but what about the other characters.

For the Halloween series, I would like to see the main characters from the original film get one like Laurie Strode, Dr. Loomis, Annie, Lynda and Tommy and Jamie Lloyd for Halloween 4 and 5. If they can’t do that, then at least gives a line for the upcoming David Gordon Green film. If you can’t do that, can we get at least a Laurie Strode funko to go along with my Michael Myers funko pop.

For the Nightmare on Elm Street series, I would like to see the line to expanse to characters like Nancy and Lt. Thompson from the original, Kristen Parker, Kincaid, and Joey from Dream Warriors and Alice from 4 and 5. It would make the perfect Nightmare on Elm Street set plus it gives more to compliment my Freddy funko pop.

Expanding “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” Pop Line

“The Rocky Horror Picture Show” is one of my favorite horror films of all time and the main reason why I started to collect funko pops. When the initial run came out it was missing a few important character. How can you have a RHPS collection without Rocky. This was a surprise when that line came out. His name is in the title of the film. He should at least have a Funko pop made of him. Then you got Eddie, The Criminologist and Dr. Scott all vital characters in that film and all worth collecting.

It would be nice if they finish that line as all of them deserve funko pops and would make one awesome collection to go along with the other characters. If you can make ten million Walking Dead funko pops, then you can do the same for Rocky Horror.

I hope some of these ideas do eventually see the light of day. I would love having these funko pops as it would be kind of cool if this happen for all of us horror funko pop lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment